3/15/2013

Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Paint

Hello!

It's been a while, I ended up spending way too much time in the library this week, so no posts were written & no photos taken! Then, when running into Boots for tissues (I'm sitting here sniffling away), I caught sight of one of the Barry M Gelly polishes that I had been searching for! And realised it was high time I reviewed the shades I have.

Clock wise from top left: grape fruit - prickly pear - pomegranate - greenberry

The Gelly polishes cost €5.99 in Boots, I picked 3 up on a 3 for 2 offer & got the other on another promotion. The first three I picked up were mostly just to try out, but the latest one (Greenberry) was just a gorgeous colour.

So, I'm still a bit undecided. I think it depends on the individual shades - Some need three layers (Prickly Pear), others could get away with one. (Pomegranate) They are definitely glossier than other polishes, and they are long lasting, but no more so than regular Barry M polishes.

Overall, I guess if you're looking for a cheaper version of gel nails, these might be a good alternative, but I'd rather just get one of the regular nail polishes. (Though I do love Pomegranate & Greenberry, they're beautiful!)

Have you tried the Gelly Hi Shine nail paints? Or would you rather stick to actual gel nails/ regular polishes?

Chloe x

8 comments:

  1. Ohh the prickly pear colour is just beautiful! They're super shiny, I think I'll have to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem really different to the colours I already have! &they're definitely shiny :)

      Delete
  2. I spent ages thinking I was going to get one and then didn't! Colours look lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just gave into the hype, but they are nice!

      Delete
  3. They look really nice but i'm used to barry m varnishes being thin, they did a shade that was the exact colour of the hair so i had to use it but it was *so* annoying to have to give it 3 coats!

    Glad these are working out for you, they look gorgeous on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some shades are streaky until you do a few shades, I think it depends individually! x

      Delete
  4. I'm soooo in love with the Barry m gelly shines xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...