10/13/2013

Life on Erasmus #1

Catchy title, eh? But hey, it is what it says on the tin! It doesn't feel like I've only been here just over two weeks (Not sure if that's a good or bad thing!) But, from the start.

Arriving in my new town after a flight & train journey

Strangely, I had no problem leaving home. After my crying the night before, I was okay. It felt weird to be the one comforting my parents, but I took it well. Til I got on the plane, & a few tears escaped. Since then, yep, I have cried a little. The first time I Skyped my little sisters, I sobbed afterwards! But it's all good now.

View from the train station

I really like the city. It's small enough to feel comfortable here & know the place, but big enough to be interesting & there are lots of places nearby to travel to. Some of the buildings are beautiful & the scenery pretty much is breath taking. The view out my window is lovely! (Which is good, because I have no curtains.) But my room is massive, so I can deal with it.

The River Saale in the local park

Yeah, it's not all sunshine & lollipops. When we arrived, I couldn't move into my apartment for another week, so I spent a week sleeping uncomfortably. We had no internet, & wifi just doesn't seem to be a thing here. I was waiting for my phone to be unlocked to use a German sim card, & when it was unlocked, I had to wait to get internet to actually complete the process, so I was spending massive amounts of credit! We were supposed to do a language course, which was cancelled. So basically.. We probably arrived a week too early.
View from the tower

But Monday, we start college, which I'm looking forward to. We have (finally) met other students, who seem really nice so hopefully I do actually make friends! And I think this year might really change me as a person. I'll have to wait & see :)

Me & my new home!

Chloe x

9 comments:

  1. You'll have a great time, it sometimes takes a while to settle but you will look back and wonder where the time went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, 2 weeks have flown by but also felt much longer!

      Delete
  2. I spent some time in France as part of my degree and I have to say, those first few weeks were so difficult. It soon becomes a lot easier though, and you'll have a fantastic time. I look forward to seeing how you get on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! I think coming back after Christmas will be tough because I'm so used to finishing college in March or so :) xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great adventure hope you have a great time and look forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous, i want to go on erasmus too, but i'm studying linguistic -french and arab and if i'll go on erasmus for example on french lessons i have to repeat my arabic lessons in my university, soooo i think that it's a dream which won't become true :( but i whish you a lucky with your adventure ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Maybe you'll find a way to make it work - Good luck x

      Delete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...