Today, you can check me out over on CherrySue Doin' The Do, talking about Maybelline's Big Eyes Mascara. I can't say I loved it, so to counteract that, I decided I should post about a new Maybelline lipstick that I picked up. (That's a lie - I picked up two shades..I can just never say no!)
The Boots website says "Color Sensational Lipcolor hydrates lips whilst delivering bright, rich, pigment- saturated coverage." The packaging is attractive, it's a plastic lid that corresponds with the lipstick colour, and it's squared off, while the base is silver. And shiny. While I like sleek black tubes, etc, they get a bit boring & these are much more attractive in my lovely new make up holders.
So Vibrant Mandarin sounds orange, but to me it's more of an orange toned red. Seeing as orange lipstick scares me, it's a good way to start dipping my toes in the water! It is a beautiful shade, & lives up to its name, coz this is vibrant with a capital V.
On the lips (as opposed to anywhere else you'd put your lipstick), it's smooth & incredibly pigmented. One coat gives full opacity, but because it's so smooth & slightly glossy, it's a terror for bleeding & smudging. I rubbed a spot near my mouth & had beautifully stained fingers to match the smudge down my chin. Similarly, as with any glossy lipstick, it will start to fade quicker than a matte - Though I found it didn't seem to transfer to my glass, so a bonus point for that.
I really like this release from Maybelline - I go weak at the knees for bright lips, but it's nice to get one that a) isn't matte & b) doesn't highlight every dry patch. I haven't found the purple shades but when I do, they will be mine! Until then, I'll wear Vibrant Mandarin & see if I can work up the courage to try Electric Orange. Colour Sensational Vivid Lipsticks cost €9.99, which I'm happy to pay & are available widely!
Have you picked up any of this range? What do you think of orange lips?
All day, I've been seeing 'January' favourites posts, then I saw Karen's sum up on January, and decided I quite liked that idea! So to borrow an idea from one of my favourite bloggers, here's how my January went.
- I managed to post 14 times, which is (almost) every second day, which I'm happy with! I really need to start organising my time a little bit better & typing up blog posts/ editing photos instead of sitting around watching crap TV.
- Speaking of which, I've watched many, many films & a lot of TV this month. The Help, Wolf of Wall Street, Definitely Maybe, the first seven Harry Potters, Scooby Doo, Tommy Tiernan: Something Mental, not to mention Dancing on ICE, The Voice of Ireland, Splash, AND Operation Transformation. What can I say, it's exam time.
- I got back to Germany on the 5th of January, in a flurry of tears & sad goodbyes, but I also booked my tickets home for my semester break & managed to settle in a bit better.
- I became obsessed with getting rid of blackheads - Thermal masks, steaming, extractions, the works. Today I bought a blackhead remover & plan on trying out Una Brennan's Clay Mask when I get home, after Twitter recommendations.
- I bleached my hair again! No joke, I had dark hair for all of a month and it annoyed me so much. I am now white blonde again, with plans to have pink, purple, & blue ombre (once my orals are done.)
- I started the month commenting on as many blogs as possible, but that's fallen by the wayside a bit now that I'm studying flat out. But I'm determined that by this time next week I'll be back in the swing of things, especially after this post on Make Up Monster about supporting Irish bloggers, & now that there's a dedicated Twitter account!
- I went for an amazing Mexican meal with my boyfriend, but my starter of nachos filled me up so much that I could barely even start of my quesadilla. The pitcher of margaritas helped though.
- I started one of those Instagram photo a day challenges, but failed miserably half way through. Too much commitment for me.
- I cried over the fact that a lot of music acts I LOVE (Ellie Goulding, Jake Bugg, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Arctic Monkeys, Kodaline, Kings of Leon) are playing Marlay Park this July & I most likely won't be home for any of them. It hurts.
How was your January? Other than being the longest month EVER!