2/22/2013

Revlon Colourstay in Ivory

Hey girls

I decided it was time to dedicate a post to one of my old reliable products - Revlon Colourstay Foundation. I'm pretty sure it may be the first foundation I found that actually matched my skin tone. (See the lovely blue tinge off my face below?) The shade Ivory is a beautifully cool, pale colour.

My skin is dry/combination but I accidentally picked up the oily/combination formula. I have no regrets though - It lasts all day but doesn't cling to my dry patches. Applied too heavily, it can get a tiny bit cakey but if it's buffed into skin properly, it will give you beautiful skin. I don't usually require full coverage but if my skin looks more red than usual, or I just know that I won't be touching up too much, this foundation is a saviour. I apply it with my ELF Studio Powder Brush & buff it in to give a lighter, even coverage.


My skin without make up - With just foundation

It comes in at around €19 in Boots/ Superdrug for the standard 30ml of product. Not exactly cheap, but probably one of the cheapest options you'll get for pale skin without hitting up high end brands. My two complaints? I'm not a fan of the smell. But it doesn't linger. Also, the lack of a pump means I regularly pour out WAY too much on the back of my hand.. It really annoys me!

No make up - Foundation - Full make up

But hey, I can deal with those two things. I know I'll be picking this up when I run out!

Have you tried Revlon foundations? What did you think?



Chloe x

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried this one but it looks great on you Chloe xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this and I have never noticed any smell, worried about my olfactory receptors now...off to stick my nose in it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I saw a review that said they loved the smell, I'm not a fan & I've seen some people say there's none! Maybe revlon are playing tricks!

      Delete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...