1/14/2013

Soap & Glory Hand Food

Hello girls :)

Most of you probably know all about Sop & Glory's amazing hand cream - Hand Food. Like a lot of people, I'm a big fan so I thought I'd let you know why.

I work in a builder's yard/ hardware store so at the end of the day, my hands are usually covered in paint, cement & dirt. When you add in the blisters & cuts usually on my palms from rowing, it's not hard to guess that my hands are pretty rough & U-G-L-Y. Enter my desperate need for a saviour.

Now, look - Hand Food is not a miracle in a little squeezy tube. (Full marks for packaging though. It's much more hygienic than a tub, and the pink is cute. It naturally also matches my vast collection of S&G products.) But while it's never going to make my blisters disappear overnight, it soothes any sore patches instantly. It's quite a rich cream, that does feel slightly greasy as you begin to rub it in, but it sinks in nice and quickly.

While I love applying it at night, before I get into bed, there's no problems with using it first thing in the morning, or throughout the day. It can still be felt on your skin up to a few hours later, but in an entirely pleasant way. My hands tend to feel soft the second it's applied, but with continued use, they keep that softness and dry out less. I have to admit that the sweet smell also appeals to me, though anyone with sensitive skin might find it too perfumed.


A 125ml tube costs between €6-€7 (Student discounts mean I'm never 100% on prices!) But, I've never actually picked it up on its own. Every Soap & Glory set I've got recently includes this. Therefore, I have one in my student accommodation, one back at home, & a travel sized one to cart around. It's definitely worth a try, especially if your main wishes are for soft skin, and quickly.

Do you have a favourite hand cream, or do you try new ones when you run out?

Chloe x

23 comments:

  1. I love S&G stuff and Hand food is my absolutely fave one to put on when I'm pampering my hands at night, but I find it a bit too right to use during the day. I've got very dry skin so I've got about 5 handcreams on the go at once - The hemp one from the body shop, a glycerine one from avon, Neutrogina, e45 and some superdrug/boots/asda own brand ones - The S&G one is the only one I repurchase though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tend to forget in the morning.. But handcream is something I never really think about picking up until this is given to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tend to forget in the morning.. But handcream is something I never really think about picking up until this is given to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Soap & Glory they're such a great brand and tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I didn't realise how much of their stuff I use everyday until I thought about it!

      Delete
  5. This is my one of my favourite hand creams :) I'm a HUGE Soap 7 Glory fan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice I love all their products so far! x

      Delete
  6. Hey there, I've just randomly found your blog.. I really like it and I will checking out more of what you write.
    I will become a member (:
    Will you become a member for mine? member for a member? <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have still not gotten around to trying out Hand Food but it'll be my next purchase! Great review. x

    Tanya from Cats and Clothing
    P.S. Please check out my first giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! Definitely try out the travel version at least :) x

      Delete
  8. this is my favourite ever hand cream!!! I love it so much and it is so cheap which makes it even better, i also really like the smell of it and don't mind it being overly scented :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've seen some complaints about the smell but I like it - It's typical Soap & Glory!

      Delete
  9. Hand food is sooo nice , love soap and glory xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i always love the bath and body works butters! :)
    following you! you're almost to 100! xx

    join my galaxy leggings GIVEAWAY!
    http://sittingwaitingwishin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually tried them! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  11. I love Hand Food, i think i apply it about 18 times a day haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it sinks in so you can keep applying! xx

      Delete
  12. I love Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve and L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream. :)

    XoXo Chris
    http://myfashiontrendencies.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hand Food is my favourite hand cream ever! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only one I remember to buy.. It's lovely! xx

      Delete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...