4/25/2013

Dainty Doll Powder Blush in 004 You Are My Sunshine

So, another addition to my make up collection thanks to Cara Pharmacy's recent sale of Dainty Doll products. I bought 3 powder blushers for the costly sum of €1.49, one of which was You Are My Sunshine. It's been called a good dupe for NARS Orgasm, but I've never tried Orgasm so bought this purely on the prettiness!

 Simple packaging but functional

Like the lipsticks, Dainty Doll powder blushers are in simple black packaging. It does pick up marks very easily, but I love that the compact is so slim (it fits easily into my make up bag), it has a mirror, & it clicks shut so I'm not worried about it breaking in my bag.

It can be applied sheerly, to reduce shimmer!

You Are My Sunshine is a peachy-pink blusher, with gold shimmer. It's definitely a 'warm' blusher, which is perfect for adding colour to your cheeks & will still look gorgeous with a tan. The golden shimmer is quite apparent though - It's not overly glittery, but it is pretty illuminating. I love that, but if you're after more of a matte look, you might want to avoid.

Obligatory 'here is me smiling & wearing product' picture.

It applies really nicely & is easy to blend (which does tone down the shimmer). Lasting power isn't bad - After about 8 hours I still had some colour on my face, but it obviously wasn't as fresh as when applied. I really like You Are My Sunshine, & happily wear it during the day, & on a night out. I'm not really too into blushers, so I'm never enthusiastic about spending a lot on one, but I'm tempted to pick up a back-up seeing as it's so good for the price!

It is now once again available on Fragrance Direct for £1.99 if you like what you see.

Do you prefer cheap or high-end blushers?

Chloe x


8 comments:

  1. How are you not that into blushers?! That's crazy, I am all about my blusher!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I think my cheeks are so flushed anyway that I just throw on a bit of colour for the sake of it haha!

      Delete
  2. i own a grand total of 1 blush!! i love the shade of this though may put in a cheeky order x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha most if mine come from sets! This one's worth it through x

      Delete
  3. I got this too but haven't actually used it yet! Looks fab on you, lovely and fresh. I am a total blush fiend lately- never used to be this addicted! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used my other two either! I go between eyes or lips, never blush! X

      Delete
  4. Thank you! It's definitely the blusher :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...